11 Places for Brunch in Rhode Island
The weekends have a way of asking us to linger in bed a little longer and to move just a bit slower. The beauty of this is that many local restaurants know this and they serve up a brunch menu to lure you out. In no particular order, here are ten places that you should try for weekend brunch/breakfast:
- Cindy’s Country Cafe is a small, charming house that will provide the perfect atmosphere. As one reviewer states, “The warmth, the humility, the sheer joy that pours from Cindy the owner as soon as you step through the door
envelopes you with comfort, like stepping into grandma’s house.” The scent of home cooking will bring you back to the comfort of a cozy Sunday breakfast. They are located at 1324 West Main Road in Portsmouth. To learn more, click here.
- T’s Restaurant in Narragansett, offers all the brunch classics along with fair trade coffee and a full bar. The menu changes with the season. In the winter, you can expect hearty dishes such as Yukon Cornelius Stuffed French Toast. This dish is said to “soothe the spirit on a cold winter morning.” T’s Restaurant is located at 91 Point Judith Road in Narragansett. To learn more, click here!
- Cafe Sowa offers an intimate breakfast setting with great menu items. Traditionalists will delight in the homemade sausage and gravy with buttermilk biscuits. If you have a sweet tooth, check out their French Toast and Pancake specials. The menu is extensive and offers something for everyone. Cafe Sowa is located at 893 Smithfield Avenue in Lincoln. To learn more, go to viewmenu.com/cafe-sowa/menu?ref=google.
- The XO Cafe offers farm-fresh local food in their brunch options. They also offer a complimentary Bloody Mary or Mimosa if you don your PJ’s! That makes the morning a little simpler. Take a look at the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich: grilled house made bread, pecan smoked bacon, fried egg, cheddar cheese and home fries! XO Cafe is located at 125 North Main Street in Providence. To learn more, you guessed it…click here!
- The Corner Cafe located on Broadway in Newport bring several influences to their cuisine. “Irish, Portuguese and West Coast influences as well as standard American fare can be found in one of the most diverse Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and gourmet pizza menus on the East Coast.” The Ovos Acores is a Portuguese muffin topped with perfectly poached eggs, spicy pepper jack cheese and Hollandaise, the perfect dish to warm the bones and satisfy the belly. They also offer a Healthy Zone with items such as the Garden of Eden, egg whites scrambled with cucumber, sun-dried tomato, red onion and cheddar over multi-grain toast topped with portabello strips served with a cup of fruit. To learn more, click here!
- OVs as a variety of brunch options, including their wide variety of omelettes. From the Mexican Hangover to the Puerto Rican Paradise, you are sure to find one that peaks your interest. The Crepe-a-Thon, is just as the name suggests… a whole lot of ways to consume a tasty crepe. They are located at 489 Allen’s Avenue in Providence, right near the river. To learn more, go to http://www.allmenus.com/ri/providence/272678-ovs-restaurant/menu/.
- Mesa Cafe and Grille is a place that was made for brunch, with generous portions and a wide selection. They are located at 100 Rolfe Square in Cranston. Try the enormous breakfast burrito, or sink your teeth into the sweetness of Portuguese Sweet Bread French Toast. The vibrant atmosphere is bound to wake you up! Learn more at mesacafeandgrill.com.
- TwoTen Oyster Bar and Grill offers a scrumptious brunch with sweeping waterfront views! The menu is extensive and offers something for everyone. Brunch happens each and every Sunday and offers $5 Mimosas & Bloody Marys, now that is how brunch should be! Get the full brunch details here.
- The Shannon View Inn is an especially good spot to go if you’d like a drink or two with your brunch. They serve up a serious Triple 8 Bloody Mary, or perhaps an Irish Coffee to add a little pep to your step. From a Stack O’ Cakes to an Irish Breakfast, you are sure to find something to satiate your late morning appetite. They’re located at 1901 Post Road in Warwick. Learn more at shannonviewinn.com.
- Perro Saldo is located on Charles St. in Newport. They serve up an artful twist on authentic Mexican cuisine that will
have you returning time and time again. It is located in a historic home which provides for a warm and intimate dining experience. The menu is full of items that will start your day in the right direction. Savor the El Perro Domingo which is, scallion corn cakes topped with eggs any style, black beans, salsa verde, cheddar and jack cheese, and sour cream. Or perhaps try the Huevos con Papas and Chorizo, eggs any style over potato and chorizo hash, and sliced tomato.To top it off, the Margaritas are made to order from the freshest ingredients. Learn more here! Also, you can dine fireside in the winter and outside in the warmer months…a place for all seasons!
- And last, but most definitely not least…Ocean Mist! Ocean Mist has been serving brunch to an eager crowd for many years. From surfers to bikers and everyone in between, this place has been deemed a Rhode Island icon. There is an extensive drink menu featuring some specialty coffee drinks that will certainly get you going. The menu offers variety and flavor. For example, Something on a Bagel , “this is hands down the best hangover cure! The foundation is a grilled veggie bagel and veggie cream cheese. On top of that we place half of a veggie mix and cheese omelet then smother it with Hollandaise sauce. If you really want to make it something special add ham or sausage! Served with homefries. Add ham, bacon or sausage!” In the summer, you can dine outside overlooking the ocean. In the winter, cozy up and enjoy the fantastic view. To learn more click here.
Have somewhere you love to go? Comment below and share your favorite places!