Clam is to chowder as food is to drink. Here in Rhode Island, we get that. Therefore, you can find a number of great events centered around food and drink, especially this August. Here are 5 upcoming food and drink events to please your palette.
1. Food Truck Nights: There are several locations around Rhode Island where you can grab a bite to eat from a truck. On Monday Nights and Wednesday Nights, you can find the food trucks at Narragansett Beach from 6-10 pm until September 23rd.
Pizza by Fire (Wood fired thin crust pizza), Eddie’s BBQ ( Barbecue, traditional “feel good” foods & BBQ vegetarian options), Shuckin’ Truck (Fresh oysters and littlenecks), Buddy’s Hot Rod Dog (Hot dogs, NY System Wieners, Sausage & Pepper grinders & meatball grinders), Like No Udder (Dairy free and gluten free soft serve, shakes, floats, candy bars, meatless jerky and frozen lemonade) & Lady Copacabana (Brazilian street food)
Friday Nights you can catch Food Trucks in the park at Roger Willams Park Carousel Village. Sip on a cold beer fromthe beer garden by Trinity Brewhouse and Foolproof Brewing Company. Bring blankets and make a picnic out of the evening. There is live music, carousel rides until 8 pm and a rotating schedule of delicious trucks. Make a night of it and bring the whole “fam damily”!
2. Farm Fresh Local Food Fest at Castle Hill Inn– On August 4th, Castle Hill Inn and Farm Fresh RI bring together local food and local drink to make an evening of savory splendor. RI’s local farmers, fisherman, artisans and producers will be providing the local goods for some of the finest chefs around. The result, an incredible food and drink event. Learn more here.
3. Augtoberfest– August 1st, Foolproof will be hosting their third annual Augtoberfest. There will be 2 sessions (2-4:30pm and 5:30-8pm) and a variety of ticket levels. Live music, food trucks and of course incredible beer are all in attendance to make this food and drink event a must! Learn more here.
4. The Charlestown Seafood Festival– Rhode Island’s best seafood comes together with live music, crafts, rides, drinks and more to create a weekend for the whole family to enjoy. August 7th-9th at Ninigret Park, come and enjoy the 31st annual Charlestown Seafood Festival and taste for yourself!
5. TequilaArt Tequila Tours– Monday and Thursday nights can be filled with food and drink when you partake in a two hour walking tour on Federal Hill with TequilaArt. These tours will teach you about tequila while filling your belly with food from some of the incredible local restaurants. Click here to learn more!