Buck-a-Shuck Oysters in Rhode Island
Rhode Island, aptly named the Ocean State, is well-known for its bounties of the sea. In particular, Rhode Island is home to many oyster bars that offer Buck-a-Shuck at various days and times. Oysters are known to offer many health benefits. They contain more zinc per serving than any other food, this means that they are in fact a natural aphrodisiac. Oysters are also known to be heart healthy and wound healing mollusks. So, without further adieu, here are 8 places (in no particular order) around Rhode Island that offer these beneficial bi-valves for a mere dollar (please note, times and days can vary on the season so please visit the sites to be sure):
- TwoTen Oyster Bar and Grille, located at 210 Salt Pond Road in Wakefield, offers buck-a-shuck oysters during the Happiest of Hours which features:
Happiest of Hours! M-F 4-6 PM $1 Oysters & LittlenecksHalf Price Select Appetizers$6 Martinis, $3 Draft Bud Light & Gansett & $4 Select Craft Beer
Learn more at twotenobg.com
- Bridge Restaurant is located at 37 Main Street in Westerly, right on the water. You can enjoy buck-a-shuck oysters here every Thursday. Learn more at bridgeri.com
- Rogue Island, located at 65 Weybosset Street in Providence, offers a buck-a-shuck deal Monday through Thursday, from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Learn more at rogueislandgroup.com/after-work-drinks/.
- George’s of Galilee, located at 250 Sand Hill Cove in Narragansett, offers dollar oysters and little-necks Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. To learn more, visit georgesofgalilee.com.
- Providence Oyster Bar offers an Appy Hour Menu that features $1.00 oysters Tuesday-Sunday from 3-6:30pm and on Monday from 4-6:30. The menu also offers other perfectly priced apps to enjoy. To learn more, click here.
- The Bristol Oyster Bar is new to the scene and offers “everything from scratch using only the finest local ingredients.” You can enjoy Buck-a-Shuck each and every day from 4-6pm. To learn more, click here.
- Benjamin’s offers Buck a Shuck oysters and shrimp and also fifty-cent clams. This deal is Raw Bar Happy Hour from noon to 2 p.m. every day and for the entire day on Tuesdays. Learn more about the home of the mothershucker here!
- Greenwich Bay Oyster Bar offers Buck-a-Shuck Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, and on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5:00 PM. Learn more at greenwichbayoysterbar.com.
- And last but clearly not least, the famous and newly expanded Matunuck Oyster Bar offers Buck-a-Shuck Monday-Thursday from 4-6pm. You can savor the oysters that are harvested right at Potters Pond. The restaurant has grown in both height and popularity. The view from the upstairs is simply stunning all year round. To learn more, click here.
Rhode Island offers many places to reap the benefits of the ostentatious oyster, so go ahead and enjoy!