Foam Rolling is intimidating and confusing if you are not sure what you are doing. However, with proper technique and equipment, foam rolling can literally change your life…or your body at least. If you are looking to feel better and take your fitness to the next level, you need to start a foam rolling routine…here’s why:
- Increased Blood Flow: Foam rolling puts pressure on your muscles and connective tissue. This pressure squeezes the blood out and it is replaced with new blood, causing an increase in blood flow. This increased blood flow stretches and loosens muscles, enhancing your mobility and ultimately your workout.
“What is Myofascial Release?
First, let’s define myofascial release, in case you are unfamiliar with the term. Myofascial release is the application of low-intensity forces to soft tissues over a long period of time. Essentially, the purpose is to allow contracted muscles to relax, which improves blood flow and nutrient flow to the area. The effect is that muscles operate with smoother motion because of reduced internal rubbing.” —https://www.developgoodhabits.com/foam-roller-benefits/
- Heals Injuries: As mentioned, foam rolling will increase your blood flow. This is beneficial when you have an injury as it increases the blood flow to the injury. Foam rolling will soothe sore muscles and it will also release toxins that are in the connective tissue as a result of working out. Healing time can be reduced with the use of a foam roller. It is important to understand your injury and use the appropriate rolling techniques to treat the injury. If you are unsure, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific injuries and questions.
- Prevents Injuries: If your muscles and connective tissues are tight, you are at a much greater risk for injury. Regular use of the foam roller will loosen your muscles and the connective tissue, reducing your risk of a pull or a strain. You will also experience an increased range of motion, this means that you will be more likely to use proper and more effective movements. A regular foam rolling routine will decrease the risk of injury by increasing mobility, increasing blood flow, and fostering proper movements.
- Increased Mobility: As we mentioned, increased mobility can help reduce the risk of injury and can speed recovery time. Additionally, increased mobility will make your workouts better and more effective. The larger the range of motion, the more muscle you will use during exercise. Increasing your flexibility through foam rolling will afford you an even better workout.
- Faster Results: As you can see, increasing blood flow, reducing injury and recovery time, as well as increasing mobility all enhance your workout routine. Adopting a regular foam rolling schedule will give you better and faster results, who doesn’t love that? You will not only feel better, but you will also perform better. So…the question is, how do I get started with a regular foam rolling routine? We have the solution, download our LIVE video and receive all the guidance you need for a safe and effective foam rolling routine. Click here to get started!