The 144th Kentucky Derby will take place on Saturday, May 5th in Louisville, Kentucky. But you can stay right here in the Ocean State and view it from any of these fun spots! Grab your gigantic floppy hat, sip on a mint julep and watch to see who wins the $2 million purse this year.
- Bar Louie, Providence will be offering $5.50 Derby Juleps all day long.
- Rogue Island Kitchen & Bar, Providence will be celebrating with mint juleps on draft and Two Roads Conntuckey Lightening ’18, great giveaways like moonshine mason jars & derby glasses from Town Branch Bourbon. Enjoy a derby inspired menu, a best dressed contest, and live music.
- Hotel Viking, Newport knows that the Derby is more than just a horserace. It’s a place to be seen! So break out those bow ties and big hats. The best dressed will win a two-night stay! Enjoy Woodford Bourbon, mint juleps and small plates celebrating the region’s tastes.
- MarineMax Newport presents Derby de Mayo. That’s right – we didn’t forget about Cinco de Mayo. Margaritas and Mint Juleps! All you have to do is decide between wearing a derby hat or a sombrero.
- Stout Irish Sports Pub in Providence will be showing the Derby on their huge projector screen. Enjoy derby-themed menu specials and win prizes from best hat and best dressed.
- Providence G Pub celebrates “the greatest two minutes in sports” with drink and food specials, along with prizes and giveaways. The Derby hat contest takes place at 5:30. Other contests include Too Hot to Trot for the ladies, Dapper Dan for the gentlemen and Daily Double for the couples.
- Aqua Blue Inn in Narragansett hosts the Kentucky Derby de Mayo. Enjoy a seated dinner and festive evening while watching the Derby on the big screen. 100% of proceeds go toward EasterSeals RI.
- Omni Providence hosts The Big Night Out: Kentucky Derby. This gala event is put on by Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State. There will be an auction of highly sought after items and live music by Brass Attack. Tickets are $175 per person, Young Professionals Tickets (28 and under): $100.