- The Cranston Street Armory is featured here in 1958. This structure was built in 1907 for $650,000 by architects William R Walker & Son and builder Michael J. Houlihan. The Rhode Island National Guard occupied this space until 1996 and it is now listed as one of the “Most Endangered Properties” as of 2015.

2. Kent County Courthouse in East Greenwich was built in 1804-1805 by contractor Oliver Wilkes. In 1974 a new courthouse was built in Warwick and the existing building is now the East Greenwich Town Hall. This photo was taken in 1940.

3. General Nathaneal Greene Homestead at 20 Taft Street in Coventry is featured here in this photo from 1937. General Nathanael Greene occupied this house from 1770-1776 and the house was next occupied by his bother and wife. It has operated as a museum since 1924.

4. Providence Anthenaeum was founded in 1836 as a member supported library and it still runs as such today! This photo was taken in 1958.

5. Fayerweather House is a historic homestead that is now home to the Fayerweather Craft Guild and the Kingston Hill Gardeners. Located at 1859 Mooresfield Road, this historic home was also the blacksmith shop of George Fayerweather and was built in 1820. This photo was taken in 1940.

Rhode Island Blog Rhode Island Real Estate, Events, Restaurants, Vacations, Local Beer, Breweries, Directory and more!