“My Funny Valentine, sweet comic Valentine!” Your lover won’t be finding it comical if you forget to make plans for the annual celebration of LOVE! So to help you out we’ve done some research and there is PLENTY that RI has to offer its lovers for the coming holiday! Remember folks Valentine’s Day falls on a SATURDAY this year which means it is a DATE NIGHT! Here are a few great dates all around the state!
- In the mood for some dinner and dancing?! Meet up at the centrally located Eleven Forty Nine Restaurant; 1149 Division St. 02818; call for reservations 401-884-1149. The restaurant is featuring a pre fixe menu, $65 per person and including a champagne toast. The menu offers something for everyone with 4 courses; 5 appetizer options, 3 bistro salad options, 9 entree options and signature dessert selections. Dance off your dinner to the 1’s & 2’s spun by DJ Corey Young from 8:30pm – 12:00pm.
- Is your love story one for the history books? XO Cafe; 125 North Main Street, Providence RI, 401-273-9090, wants to hear your extraordinary story. Submit your lovers tale online at www.xocafe.com and enter to win a romantic Valentines Day dinner for two. But don’t delay submissions must be in by February 8th, the winners will be announced February 11th!
- In LOVE with Beer? Make Westerly your Valentines destination. Take your honey to a tasting at Grey Sail Brewery; 63 Canal Street, Westerly RI. They are open every Saturday for tastings from 1-5. Make an afternoon/evening of it! Scamper down the road to get your hops coupled with a house made pretzel at The Malted Barley, 42 High St, Westerly, RI 02891. In LOVE with Lingerie? Well Lingerie luxury awaits you just a short walk away at Zoe & Co. Professional Bra Fitters, 69 High Street in Westerly (401)596-8050. The boutique features custom bra fitting (85% of women are wearing the WRONG bra…just sayin’) and a host of accessories to enhance your evening! Sure to please ladies & gentlemen alike! Dance your way down to Perks & Corks to enjoy the musical talents of Folk Singer, Marc Douglas Berardo. He starts filling the room with music at 9pm. Indulge in the decadent drinks and delightful treats while you take in the romantic ambiance.
- Looking to make it a weekend get a way? From Feb 10th- 14th for $235, Bristol Harbor Inn offers romantic rooms and will deliver, champagne, chocolate and breakfast to your room! Whats more they send you out with a $100 dinner allowance to Dewolf Tavern, 259 Thames St.. Bristol, 401-254-2005. Treat yourself to a stress free night out, call Special Moments Limousine Service, 6 San Jose Dr, Bristol, RI 02809 (401)253-9566. Let them whisk you away to Newport Blues Cafe 286 Thames St Newport, RI; Where Sugar Band will deliver the best of the old and the new starting at 10pm!
- Looking for Love in Pawtucket? On the 14th get your life in order early then skip down to Doherty’s East Ave Irish Pub for their Brunch 9am-2pm, 342 East Ave Pawtucket, RI 02860. Once you’ve eaten like a king, continue on the culture train to Crooked Current Brewery & Paint Drops Art Studio, Historic Lorraine Mills Building 560 Mineral Spring Ave. Pawtucket RI 02860. At 5:15 Hold your lovers hand while you tour the brewery while sipping the fruits of its labor. Settle in at 6:30 for a Sip & Paint session, explore your love for the arts! For your evening’s entree indulge your taste buds at Rasoi Restaurant, 727 East Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02860 (401)728-5500. For $49.99 you can enjoy a 3 course pre fixe menu for two, boasting the evening’s signature drink; the Kamasutra ~ Black Currant liqueur/Amaretto & Champagne.
- Look for Fun in all the wrong places? Hoping somewhere has figured it out and provided an alternative to pre fixe menu’s and two top tables? Be at the Ocean Mist, 895 Matunuck Beach Rd, Wakefield RI 02879, for their annual BLACK VALENTINES DAY PARTY. Celebrating Love & the lack of it, and providing ample room to find it! Dance your pants off, find your date for next Valentine’s Day or celebrate celibacy! Either way you don’t want to miss this party!
- Need a little aphrodisiac action for your Valentine? TwoTen Oyster Bar and Grill has all you need in the way of oysters. Additionally, they will be featuring an incredible Valentine’s Day menu that will be showcasing Grilled Rib Eye, Broiled Lobster Tails, Stuffed Shrimp, Pan Roasted Day Boat Scallops and more. Top your meal off with Tricia’s delectable homemade gluten free cheesecake smothered with strawberries and whipped cream, Sweet Althea’s Red Velvet Cake or Sweet Althea’s Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake. And guess what, your date does not stop there! Head downstairs and enjoy the romantic water views while you enjoy live music by James DeSalvo. TwoTen Oyster Bar and Grill promises to give you the perfect night out with your loved one. Click here for details. Call 401.782.0100 for reservations.
- Plan a get-away to Newport for the day and night! You need only book your stay at The Newport Harbor Hotel, 49 Americas Cup Avenue, Newport, RI (401)8479000. After you check in gear up for an Ice Sculpting demonstration presented by Bailey T’s from 11am- 2:30pm. Enjoy the flavor at then Samuel Adams Chili Cook off from 11am – 3:30pm. Put on your sexy little numbers and hit Pier 49 for dinner followed by live entertainment from Pat Cottrell 6:00pm – 10:00pm. The Newport Winter Festival is happening all weekend! Learn more here!