Five Things To Do This Weekend
We’re looking at a cloudy, rainy weekend, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to do around little Rhody. In fact, this may be the perfect weekend for a fun indoor event. Here are five great events taking place from Friday the 16th through Sunday the 18th.
- On Friday, Mary Wilson of the legendary Motown group the Supremes will be performing, along with the Four Tops. Doors are at 7:00, the show starts at 8:00, and tickets start at $35. The Twin River event center, where the event is being held, is located at 100 Twin River Road in Lincoln. If you’ve never been before, just follow the signs. To learn more, or to purchase tickets, go to twinriver.com.
- If you’re looking for a kid-friendly event for the weekend, there will be a special event at the Greenwich Odeum on Saturday. It will feature a screening of Disney’s Frozen, complete with a princess-led sing-a-long. Tickets are $8 for kids and $12 for adults, and there will be three shows on Saturday. Learn more at theodeum.org.
- From Friday through Sunday, The Illusionists will be performing their magic spectacular at the Providence Performing Arts Center. There’s one show on Friday, and two on Saturday and Sunday. Learn more at ppacri.org.
- On Friday and Saturday, Rhode Island’s own award-winning improv troupe, the Bit Players, will be performing BYOB improvised comedy shows at the Firehouse Theater in Newport. Learn more at firehousetheater.org.
- On Saturday, Beatles tribute band 1964 at Stadium Theatre in Woonsocket. The show starts at 8:00, and will feature accurate renditions of the Beatles’ greatest hits. Learn more at www.stadiumtheatre.com.