Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year and there are ton of fantastic celebrations planned throughout this great state! Here’s a list of our favorites:
- Cinco de Mayo featuring Bad Fish – Sublime Tribute at the Ocean Mist. This is a guaranteed great time – Hailing from Providence, Bad Fish never fails to entertain and the Ocean Mist, in Matunuck, is one of the best beach bars in the state! Add in the fact that it is Cinco de Mayo and you’ve got yourself the hat trick of a great night out! Show starts at 9pm. This show always sells out, so get those tickets right now!
- 4th Annual Tequila & Rum Festival. Hosted by Twin River Casino in Lincoln, what better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than sampling tequilas and rums from around the world? Enjoy live entertainment, food pairings and seminars. This 21+ event will be at the Event Center at Twin River Casino from 2 – 5pm. Tickets are $45. Click here to purchase tickets and for information.
- Cinco de Mayo at SOL. Hosted by Calaveras and Sons of Liberty Beer & Spirits Co., this Cinco de Mayo celebration is sure to tantalize your taste buds! If you have not had a chance to check out Peace Dale’s newest addition Calaveras, then you are missing out some great authentic Mexican cuisine! They will be providing some delicious food at the tasting room at Sons of Liberty (also in Peace Dale) from 1 -9pm. Enjoy specialty cocktails, live music and fun games and activities! Keep in mind this venue is 21+ after 5pm.
- Taco Fest PVD 2018. Join the fun from 11am – 6pm Downcity on Westminster St. and celebrate all things TACO with Providence Rock and Roll Yard Sale and many great vendors! This family-friendly event is FREE and open to the public, rain or shine! DJ Studebaker Hawk will be mixing eclectic Latin beats from Grant’s Block and there will be fun activities for kids young and old!
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration at Top of Newport. Enjoy creative margaritas and traditional cuisine at the rooftop bar and kitchen at the Hotel Viking in Newport from noon – 8pm.
A Cultural Celebration of La Batalla de Puebla • MariachiFest. Hosted by Rhode Island Latino Arts, this family- friendly event will be held rain or shine inside the SouthLight Pavilian at the Southside Cultural Center from 5:30 – 7:30. Enjoy a true cultural Cinco de Mayo celebration with Mariachi de Brown performing a concert followed by a performance of Mexican cultural dance. Food provided by local Taquería Trucks. This event is free, but a $5 donation is encouraged.
- Fireside: Cinco de Mayo at Rooftop at Providence G starting at 8pm. Enjoy food & drink specials, prizes, giveaways & promos. Sponsored by Corona, Modelo and Hornitos Tequila. Dance the night away with DJ Jackie Treehorn.
Cinco De Mayo Taco and Drink Specials! If you find yourself in Newport on Cinco de Mayo this year, head to Fluke Newport and enjoy a complimentary taco between 2 – 5pm when you try one of their special Cinco de Mayo cocktails.
- TwoTen Oyster Bar Drink Specials! Join the celebration at TwoTen Oyster Bar in Wakefield this Cinco de Mayo. Enjoy $5 margaritas and buckets of Corona, Corona Lite, and Corona Premium 5 for $15. What a deal!
05may(may 5)4:00 pm06(may 6)2:00 amCinco de Mayo at Hanley’sA Hanley's Ale House Event!4:00 pm - 2:00 am (6) Hanley's Ale House, 52 Pine Street, Providence, RI / (401) 861-0001Event Type :Cinco de mayo,Entertainment,Events,Food and Drink Events,Restuarants and Bars,Special Event,Weekend Events
sat05may8:00 pmCinco de Mayo with The Salty Johnson Band!The Last Resort8:00 pm The Last Resort, 325 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI / (401) 349-3500Event Type :Cinco de mayo,Entertainment,Events,Food and Drink Events,Live Music,Weekend Events