ELEPHANT BARN OPEN HOUSE
SUNDAY, JUNE 4
ROGER WILLIAMS PARK ZOO
· Roger Williams Park Zoo will provide behind-the-scenes tours of the Textron Elephant and Giraffe Pavilion.
· Tour the Pavilion and speak with animal and education staff about elephant care and conservation.
· Sunday, June 4 at 10:30am (meet at 10:15am)
· Tours to public begin at 11:00am
· Roger Williams Park Zoo, 1000 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI
· Admissions gate at 10:15am and meet:
o Missy Wade
· Opportunity to photograph/film behind-the-scenes areas of the Elephant Pavilion – witness a day in the life of an elephant.
· Opportunity to chat with Animal Care Manager PJ Jones regarding elephant care – specifically care for Alice, Ginny and Kate at the Zoo – and conservation
On-site contact: Missy Wade (508) 505-8648
Roger Williams Park Zoo, one of the oldest in the nation, is Rhode Island’s number one outdoor family and tourist attraction and is a leader in conservation efforts undertaken by a zoo of its size. The Zoo has received numerous awards for environmental education, and conservation work done locally and around the world, caring for species that without human intervention would face certain extinction. Roger Williams Park Zoo is supported and managed by the Rhode Island Zoological Society and is owned by the City of Providence.