Every day is a chance to be better than you were yesterday, and that is a beautiful opportunity. Every morning you wake up to opportunity, the opportunity to be your best you. However, many of us miss this daily chance and can fall into a stationary rut where we remain the same. Ryan Bate, fitness trainer and business owner, has some tips and tricks that will help you find the healthiest version of you! It is no secret that when we are at our best, good things happen!
- Ask Yourself, Where am I Now?: This is a crucial step to getting to where you want to be. Call it a reality check if you will. You need to look at how things are at the present moment to make any changes. Whether you have fitness goals, career goals, family goals, personal goals, or any goal, you must start from where you are at the present moment. It may sound simple, but the hard work is being honest with yourself. Think about what you want to change, what isn’t working, what can be better. Consider starting a journal so you can reflect on where you were and how far you have come. Once you have checked reality, been honest with yourself, the only way is up! This is where the change happens, and the fun begins!
- Create Action Steps: Here is where the rubber hits the road if you will. Action means doing! Create steps that you can take to make changes right away. Consider long-term and shorter steps. What can you do each day to get closer to where you want to be? What can you do each month, year, and so on? Remember, each morning is a chance to be better than you were yesterday. How will you do that?
- Be Kind to Yourself: If you don’t already know this, you are your #1 cheerleader. It is up to you and only you to be kind to yourself. Learn how to motivate yourself while also supporting and celebrating the work you have done, each and every day. You are 100% responsible for your success, so own that responsibility. Each day treat yourself kindly, knowing this is a journey and you control the outcome.
- Self Care: Care for yourself as you would another. Self-care is often overlooked as we are taking time to meet the needs of our families, employers, friends, and beyond. Find ways to take care of yourself, making yourself a priority. Make time to work out, get a massage, meditate, see friends, whatever it is that you and enjoy. When you feel good, you are much more likely to stay on track and uncover the healthiest version of yourself.
- Evaluate and Celebrate: Pause and reflect; take time to notice the progress you have made. If you are taking steps to be a better version of yourself each day, then you are making progress. It is essential to keep yourself motivated by noticing how far you have come. It is also a great idea to evaluate your progress and decide if you can make any changes that will help you on your journey.
Whether you have fitness, career, family, or personal goals, the process is the same. It may seem simple, but it takes dedication and hard work. Vow to yourself that you are going to wake up each morning and be better than you were the day before. Over time, you will change your mentality and eventually, your lifestyle. You will be amazed at what this new future holds for you.
Cardio vs. Strength Training is a continuous debate in the world of fitness. …